Discovering Strengths. Creating Hope.
As a non-profit organization, ClearWater Academy is a trendsetter, leader and pioneer in the state of Georgia and a national model for how students with learning differences should be educated. We teach children beginning at age six through achievement of a high school diploma. ClearWater Academy is accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC) and is dedicated to creating a school that exceeds all expectations. Our highly trained staff, therapists, community partners and corporate sponsors, will support each student’s academic, social/emotional and therapeutic needs in a positive learning environment. We continually seek to offer cutting edge, research based instruction unique to every student. Our ultimate goal is to create an environment that respects individual differences, promotes communication and supports all areas of the student while preparing each for productive adulthood.
ClearWater Academy is a best in class school providing:
- A sensory-sensitive environment
- An individualized learning plan that considers interests, strengths, and preferences, as well as strategies to address targeted academic areas
- Thematic instruction, integrated curriculum, recognition of multiple intelligences, and authentic assessments to measure student understanding and performance of key skills
- An all-inclusive, unique blend of social/emotional regulation strategies
- Differentiating Therapies (Speech, Occupational, Equine, Music, Outdoor Recreation and more)
- Career Development Program/Life Skill Training
- Cutting-edge Assistive Technology Instruction
- Collaboration between the home, the school, a consulting neuropsychologist and the community
- A safe, caring, respectful and inviting environment