ClearWater Academy is a private, non-profit, state-of-the-art school for children with learning differences. While academics are at the forefront of our programs, we offer an all-inclusive, unique blend of social-emotional development instruction, assistive technology and therapies in a sensory-sensitive environment to enhance your child’s learning and development.
We currently serve diverse learners from first grade through attainment of a high school diploma.
ClearWater assess each student and develops a student learning plan tailored to the individual needs and abilities of each child.
ClearWater Academy is divided into a Lower School and Upper School. Both schools share a number of features and benefits which may include:
- Low student-to-teacher ratios
- Classroom teaching assistants and support staff
- Individualized instructional planning in the areas of academics, social emotional development and therapeutic support
- Reading and math interventions/strategies
- Art instruction
- Exclusive, comprehensive social/emotional development program
- Use of The DIR® FLOORTIME™ approach
- Occupational therapy with full OT gym
- Speech/language therapy
- Therapeutic horseback riding
- Recreational therapy provided by Outdoor Rec. Adventures
- Individualized assistive technology supports
- Full science lab
- Fully-equipped kitchen for student/teacher use to develop academic, sensory and social skills
- SmartBoard interactive whiteboard system in classroom
Lower School Program
The Lower School has a smaller student ratio and is targeted at the first grade through elementary educational stages. While focusing on academics, the Lower School program aggressively incorporates occupational and speech therapies, both individual and/or group. Recreational, horseback and other therapies are also offered. Research has shown that early interventions such as these can have a great positive effect and outcome on a child’s growth and development as well as physically and emotionally regulating the child to become a successful learner.
Upper School Program
The Upper School is our middle and high school programs. The primary focus of the Upper School program shifts away from the individualized therapies and toward group therapies. The Upper School intensifies in the areas of academics, assistive technology, career planning with work experience and social-emotional development. ClearWater provides each student with a Chromebook. Ages may overlap from classroom to classroom depending on the student’s assessed strengths and challenges.