At ClearWater Academy we have focused on the use of technology to enhance learning and assistive technology to help students learn and communicate their ideas.
We Use Technology for Remediative and Accommodative Purposes
Through the use of assistive technology, we support students in learning strategies to correct areas of relative weakness (remediative technology). In addition, students can sometimes bypass areas of relative weakness using accommodative technology and learning alternative techniques that facilitate better communication of learning. For example, a student with a significant writing problem may be better able to communicate ideas by using speech-to-text computer software while simultaneously learning strategies to build and support the physical writing process. The understanding and use of technology is not only of great assistance to students with learning issues, but is essential for all students in today’s world.
We Find the Right Technology for Each Student
We tailor a technology program specific to each student’s needs, challenges and strengths. Elements of these customized programs include:
- Matching each student with technology to help them meet their full potential in the classroom
- Ever-growing online resources incorporated as appropriate in individual assistive programs
- Continual evaluation of efficacy of existing solutions and identification and implementation of new solutions
- Integrated technology support for all of our programs
- Each Lower School student is provided a ClearWater Academy i-Pad loaded with apps to assist the student during classroom instruction
- Each Upper School student is issued a Chromebook which gives them access to Google Applications
- A learn-anywhere approach, placing information, assignments, learning, and life technologies securely in the cloud
- ClearWater Academy student email addresses
- ClearWater Academy classrooms are all equipped with SmartBoard® technology